Working with us
Mortlock McCormack Law is a law firm engaged in the provision of quality and cost effective legal, business and personal solutions for our clients. We are proud of the work we produce and the partnerships we enjoy in our community and throughout New Zealand.
We place a high value on people and will do our utmost to protect our relationship with you.
We are a socially responsible business, pursuing sustainable business practices and having regard for the environment.
Our terms of engagement
The following are our terms of business and what you can expect from us. Any work you instruct us to carry out will be carried out based on these terms being agreed between us.
Client Care Charter
At Mortlock McCormack Law, we are dedicated to providing the best possible service to our clients.
- Put your interests first when representing you
- Treat you fairly and professionally
- Find out from the start what you are hoping to achieve, and aim to make sure that your expectations are realistic
- Make every effort to explain things clearly, and in terms you can understand, keeping jargon to a minimum
- Agree with you the type of service you can expect to receive
- Give you timely and accurate advice and information
- Represent your interests with determination and enthusiasm
- Make sure you understand any risks involved in following your instructions
- Tell you who will be handling your work and provide timely access to suitably qualified staff
- Explain what the costs are likely to be
- Keep you informed of costs throughout your transaction so that you can work out if a particular course of action is financially worth following
- Promptly return your telephone calls and correspondence as soon as is practically possible
- Tell you about any developments and update you on progress as work proceeds
- At the completion of the job, provide you with a comprehensive report on all work carried out
- Give you a clear invoice that shows details of the amount charged
- Keep what you tell us confidential and refuse to act for anyone else if doing so could compromise that confidentiality
- Respond quickly to any complaints about our service and carefully consider all your comments. Report back to you following a full investigation.
We take client care very seriously and welcome feedback. If you feel you are not receiving the service you hoped for please tell us immediately. We see every new client as a potential client for life and hope that you will be satisfied with our service.